Spot the Scarecrows on the 2013 Tutshill Trail

A great family fun day out for the Easter Holidays! Fresh air, exercise and brainteasing clues.

Once again scarecrows are appearing in people's gardens around the village of Tutshill. This year's theme is Traditional Folk/Fairy Tales and each scarecrow will represent a story, maybe as a character or other more cryptic clues.

Entry forms for the competition, with a map of the trail on the back, cost only £2 and will be available from 'Premier' Stores in Tutshill (aka Best One!) from 23rd March. The trail lasts for two weeks until Sunday 7th April.

Forms should be returned to St Luke's Church, Tutshill, where there will be a box at the back of the church. Prizes, including a family ticket to Perrygrove Railway and family entry to Whirlikidz, will be awarded to the winning entries. If there are more winners than prizes, names will be drawn from a hat.

There will also be a prize for the best dressed scarecrow decided by popular vote. Remember to cast your vote on the bottom of your entry form.

Answers for the competition will be posted on the website and hopefully at the church the following week.

Posted in Events on the 22nd March 2013 at 12:09am. (7 comments)

Comments

• Janice, 22nd March 2013 at 6:11pm:

What a rainy start! worst ever. Hope the scarecrows survive the 2 weeks without looking too bedraggled!

• Mrs Ann Northmore, 8th April 2013 at 10:05pm:

What a fabulous idea.We took our grandchildren around on a very cold snowy afternoon but we all thoroughly enjoyed the task. Well done to all those who made the scarecrows. Looking forward to seeing the answers published.

• Susan and Isabelle Riordan, 8th April 2013 at 11:10pm:

Had to wait until the last day to do the scarecrow trail as we were on holiday - but still enjoyed it just as much.

• Hazel Evans, 9th April 2013 at 12:29pm:

Well done to all those who made the scarecrows. I did part of the trail with my daughter, partner & baby grandsons on a cold but sunny Easter Sat. My friend, Mary and I enjoyed the task on a sunny but cold afternoon on the last Sunday. (We have done every trail since they started) It was a bit longer this time with a few extra scarecrows and took us approx 2 hours walking round the whole lot from

• Anna Hossack, 9th April 2013 at 8:06pm:

Another great scarecrow trail !! I love it, and so does every one I talk to. Thank you for all the hard work. It was tricky this year.

• Tanya White, 10th April 2013 at 1:13pm:

All the scarecrows this year were great - some seemed hard to find and to work out who they were! But all were fun and looking at the answers now, I sometimes think \\\"Oh, YES!!!\\\" Well done to all hosts and Construction Artists...

• Becky, 11th April 2013 at 11:52am:

We'd never done the Scarecrow trail before. Someone locally had recommended it to my Mum. My husband and I set off in one direction whilst my parents headed in the other….. we’re not competitive at all in our family! We were very impressed by the work that had gone into the scarecrows and had an enjoyable afternoon prowling round. Thanks to all.