St Luke's, Tutshill, continued

Other items of particular note in the church building include the wooden reredos at the East end which was carved by Louis de Lauver, a Belgian refugee, in 1920; the East and South chancel windows by Wailes of 1853; and the Godwin sanctuary tiling. The current light oak choir stalls were installed in the chancel in 1960 in memory of the Francis family, local landowners in the area.

In 1995, an extension was added to the North side incorporating a meeting room, small kitchen and toilets including disabled facilities which has proved a useful parish resource. There is currently a working party considering the re-ordering of the church to allow greater flexibility within the building for worship and community outreach. Click here to find out more about the proposed re-ordering.

Visit our new website